Thursday, December 1, 2011

Depressing Post?

Hello interwebs! This is a brief update to let you all know what I'm up to! Adding workouts into my day has been a slow process. I am still going to yoga class every week! This is a big deal! I was also down to 238.5 on Monday!

Otherwise, sweet interwebs, I will be honest, as I try to be. I have been struggling in general, not just with weight loss. Not knowing what's going to happen in January and feeling very burnt out have been taking a toll on me. I find myself feeling unexplainably angry, jaded, and generally negative. We had a particularly interesting meeting today in which my negative feelings became very apparent and problematic. Most of you know me and know that this is not my typical way of being. I try to be grateful for my experiences. I wake up almost every morning ready for the day; or I used to. Feeling out-of-sorts in a mental health way has for sure stunted my weight-loss. It has stunted my therapy as well, which is even more concerning.

So the question becomes: What's the plan? What do I do from here? How do I bring myself back around into being productive, cheerful and grateful? I think making myself exercise. I think eating better. I think spending more time being positive with my friends and family.

Maybe I just need some support. <3

5 comments:

  1. Yay! ::jumping up and down clapping:: 238.5!!!! Congratulations!

    Give R a call tonight. I'm sure she'd love to let you vent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzy,

    Life is about hills and valley's, Lord knows I have had my share. The key is to find a little thing that is positive (a pound an a half works for me) and then contemplate and above all pray, what direction is my life to take. I don't know or pretend to know what struggles you are going through, but I have learned 3 things in my life.... 1) someone always has more challenges and struggles daily then I really do, 2) through prayer my answers are usually found (not always the answers I thought I was looking/hoping for either and 3) you (and I.... oh favorate paternal auntie that I am) have a super awesome family (and friends) that will always listen, sometimes advise (ok lots of advice) and when all else fails give you a hug to get you through the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizzy (: Keep remembering that you have your entire family here still and we love you and support you completely(: You have a wonderful husband and fabulous friends. I know you want to wake up every morning and sing christmas music super loud and be happy(; Please lisen to some glee and eat a delicious pomegranite. It may be hard now but it will sure be worth it later, everything happens for a reason..I LOVE YOU SO MUCH(:keep pushing on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lizzy, It's ok to feel the way you do. Just do a little something to cheer yourself. You mentioned excerise that is excellent, read something inspirational or motivational, one I like, is clean something, don't go crazy take some fly lady advise and set your timer for 15 minutes. It gives you a sense of accomplishment and keeps you moving. Call a friend, and always always remember that you are loved. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can share in the general feeling of burn out from school and concern for the future employment-wise. You know where I was working previously; I left because I was being treated very poorly and believed that I deserved better. Though I still believe this and had great support from many others in the process, it was a horrifying risk to take so early in the game. In addition, my parents are bitterly divorcing, my mother-in-law died, and a variety of other family-related problems that have "spiced things up" for my husband and I.

    All of that being said, my recommendation is that you see your own therapist! Our job is hard enough as it is, and when the complexities of life creep their way into our work, it's even harder. I started seeing my own therapist (as they have all encouraged us to do) and I can't tell you how nice it has been to have an hour each week for things to be all ME and what I want to talk about! It's cathartic in the way every therapist knows it is- we endorse it, and so we too should utilize it.

    It's also just a tough time of year! I will be keeping you in my thoughts, dear Liz.

    ReplyDelete