Monday, March 11, 2013

What I Had For Dinner Tonight

Let's get right to it team, this is a mini-post, but it is a huge achievement for me. So let's do it up.

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
It's Pasta with arrabiata sauce (Spicy tomato garlic sauce, omnomnom!), steamed Brussels sprouts and a salad of mixed greens, matchstick carrots, alfalfa sprouts, a tomato, lemon juice and 1 ounce of mozzarella cheese. 414 Calories. Maybe a little steep for one meal, but based on the fact that this will undoubtedly be my largest meal of the day-- I'm at peace with it.

 First off, I actually measured my pasta for the first time in probably my entire life. Actually, I measured everything. As a matter of fact, here's my measuring "station."

It's beautiful!!! I only wish all of the colors matched...

Anyway, the reason this is such an incredible achievement is-- I've struggled with eating too much pasta my entire life. A good portion (Ha! Food joke) of my binge-sessions involved pasta (or pasta AND breadsticks... wow). So pasta  is a huge weakness for me. But it turns out, if I make my own little pot of pasta and make Tarver make his own pot-- I am fine with it. Especially if I get Brussels sprouts. OMNOMNOM!!!

So this post is a little boring but my food was so beautiful I wanted to take a picture and this seemed better than instagramming it. :)

Quick Fact: I don't use salad dressing. I use lemon juice and pepper. I don't recommend it to the faint of heart, but I do recommend it if you are tired of gloopy salad dressings, bitter vinegar or the ranch that seems to be slowly taking over the universe. Also, lemon juice is 5 calories for 2 tablespoons... I promise I hardly ever use 1 teaspoon... so it's practically calorie-free! Hooraaaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment