Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Night Musings

Well, hello, Internets! Thought I would drop a line and give a little update on what's up as far as life, the universe and everything!

So you've probably all noticed that my posts have slowed to just a few times a week. It's not because I'm lagging or giving up-- definitely  more about how time-consuming these posts are (and the level of perfectionism that goes into finding the right graphics, witty comments, etcetera) and how my regular life isn't really terribly exciting. People often ask me how my life is and I cheerfully respond, "Boring! Awesome!" Because that's how my life is. I get up, feed the kitties, do some therapy, work at the craft store, exercise, hang out with my friends and family, rinse and repeat.

Considerably less hair-washing goes on than implied, though.
Let's be real.
So the plan for the blog is this for the next week or so: daily posts, but not daily graphics and excitement. I do have things to say every day but they aren't always terribly hilarious, motivational, emotional or interesting. Too bad! I'm going to continue to have exciting posts several times a week. As hardcore bloggers will tell you, thinking of content is much harder than it sounds. There is also at least one super-interesting guest-post coming up, plus a few holiday posts I'm already working on. I'm all about new content ideas, though, so please let me know, as always, if you have thoughts.
See, that hand is YOU putting your suggestions in my virtual box!
As far as my update goes, I went to see my fabulous family today and had a great time with them-- probably ate too many little Reese's cups at my awesome grandma's house, but what can you do. You all know my style. I am not beating myself up about this. I am moving more, eating fruits and vegetables and doing what I do at a slow pace. As far as my weight goes, my dad has put the pressure on for me to finally go buy new batteries for my scale, which I'm purchasing tomorrow, so the weigh-in will go up on Tuesday. He told me, and was very right, that the scale offers accountability. It also offers truth, which as has been noted before, is kind of what my blog is about. No matter how painful, I'm telling you, my friends, family and beloved internet strangers, the truth about my healthiness struggles and achievements.
Hopefully I will not cry. If I do I will let you know!
In the meantime, I start Yoga class next week! I'm really excited to see how that goes and what happens. You all will hear about it, most definitely. Tomorrow is a thesis day and a short-shift at the craft store. I plan to go exercise after my meeting tomorrow morning and then get me some works done! Another bonus, you can probably look forward to seeing more fantastic wedding pictures on the blog since we might be getting our whole big pile o' wedding pictures back this week!
No one can resist more of this! 
As always, thanks for reading, especially on these days where I don't have a neat theme. I appreciate everyone's support-- even when it's silent. :)

1 comment:

  1. Once again--another amazingly written post. Way to not "beat yourself up" for those Reeces. I hope you enjoy the yoga. Go Liz! -former GA partner and CRM's new *****)

    ReplyDelete