Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Weight Update!

Good morning, internets! Here's the deal-- I haven't weighed myself in two weeks! I was pretty apprehensive when I got on the scale this morning. But, when I got there, the news was neither good nor bad.

Weigh In: 240.0


I could make the choice to see this as sadness and stagnation, as this is how much I weighed the last time I reported my weight. I'm choosing to be slightly more realistic.

In May of 2009 when I got my BA, I weighed ~185lbs. A 65 pound difference from my highest weight and a 55 pound difference from my current weight. As it's November of 2011, theoretically, every month since then I have gained two pounds.
Um... different kind of pounds, google images...

I can actually watch myself get fatter if I click on "pictures of me," in facebook and start at the end of undergrad and go forward. It's like a sick flip book! Since I started this blog, I have gained no pounds. Actually, I am still down four pounds. If my only progress in the past month is to bring the weigh-gain train (ooh! It Rhymes!) to a screeching halt, I have made one awesome accomplishment. What else have I learned from THE TRUTH this morning?
Also, feel free to spraypaint abandoned(?) homes!
I mean, with uplifting quotes, let's not get carried away.
I have learned that I'm going to have to push myself just a little bit harder to get to "weight loss." Being at maintenance is actually a huge deal for me healthiness-wise. This is the level of food and activity it takes to keep me at the weight I'm am. From here it's exercise more and eat less. This is especially important because the end goals are stability and maintenance. Ah yes, that's why this blog is called "Liz Gets Healthy," instead of "Liz Drops 100 Pounds," or "Liz Gets Skinny."
Rocks can chill like this for years. That's the plan.
I'ma chill like a rock.
In other news, you might just get more than one post today since I start yoga class tonight!
I had to spray out the naughty words in paint. But this comic is still full of true.
This is supposed to be a small yoga class for people who have never been to yoga before. So, let's hope it works out better than my experience in step class!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Liz!!! Personal accountability! Excellent! The truth. Excellent again! Skol! to small steps and tiny progress.

    Have a great day!

    Love, DAD

    ReplyDelete