Wednesday, November 9, 2011

An Update

Some of you may be thinking: "Hmm, lately, I hear a lot about weight-loss and change theory, but I don't hear a lot about how Liz is doing."

You're right! I have not talked about how I'm actually doing on my healthiness journey! Honestly, sometimes talking about my own journey doesn't feel very interesting in comparison to the more interesting, flashy blog posts. I suppose I don't need to always worry about topping myself and just keep everyone in the loop, ja?

Ja.

(I get a little more Scandinavian this time of year, just ta letcha know.)

Anyway, so how am I doing. I figure I am doing okay. I am exercising 3 days a week and keeping my calories down. I eat 3 fruits a day for sure, but sometimes I only get up to one vegetable. Right now it just seems like everything is going very slowly. I know I am taking better care of myself but I also feel kind of... well, stuck!
It's probably not quite this bad.
Sometimes, a year seems like a really short amount of time. Other times,  a year seems like a LOOONG time from now! I think what I was talking about yesterday as far as starting smaller goals or dedicating five pounds to people might be what has to happen, because right now I just feel very little motivation! 

Also, I am learning more about food and eating! I just started reading "The Omnivore's Dilemma" and hopefully that will keep me thinking about my food choices! Also, it's another thing that engages my brain rather than vacuums it in like the 4th season of South Park for the 7th time. :)
As Kyle would say "Holy $%#! Dude! That's a lot of TV!" 
Sorry this post isn't like... funny... or... like... about anything in particular. But it's my blog and this is what I'm writing about today!

2 comments:

  1. This is going to sound like a strange thing to do, but volumetrics really helps me, especially when I am around people who can (and do) consume a lot more calories per day than I can healthily do. So I keep a big bag of cole slaw mix around and when I have 4oz of pasta, a couple of handfuls of that in with the sauce means that you get a big bowl of food instead of the paltry-looking 4oz. alone, without really changing the taste of anything and adding fiber. I'm crazy, I add shredded cabbage to everything for volume.

    Margaret Sankey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Liz. We all get stuck. We all have setbacks. Remember a setback is just a setup for a comeback. You have motivated me to get back into a more healthy lifestyle and get to a healthy weight. My first 5 lbs. which I hit on Monday was dedicated to you for inspiring me. I am dedicating the next five to your dear sister as she begins her training for next volleyball season. Hang in there!

    Love DAD

    ReplyDelete